The Artful Journey

I had to open this blog when my other one quit working. Never could figure out why. See my previous entries on http://www.theartfuljourney.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My kids are into anime and for Christmas they ordered several items that had to be shipped from Japan. These packages were always so interesting with the Japanese characters all over the wrapping. I thought I would put one in my journal.
This cute little piece of artwork is from my husband's grandchild. I thought it was so cute. I got Fiona Apple's new cd for Christmas and I love it. I wasn't real happy with this spread, especially the left side of this page. The rest of it is okay.
I little boy in my Sunday School class gave me this little felt tree he made. he was so excited! On Christmas Eve we had children's church (which we usually only have adult church, but the children are welcome, of course), and WOW! Were they all hyper!
This is some cut-outs from my wrapping paper.

This spread is one of the prettiest ones I've done lately, but it didn't scan well. I used my new alphabet stamps, which I love. Unfortunately, I love ALL alphabet stamps, my one weakness! I cut down two pages to reduce bulk, and I like the way it came out, with the stamped "December" and the little topiary pasted on.

This was just a beautiful, beautiful day I was enjoying. Listening to music and playing in my journal with a nice warm fire keeping me toasty warm. It's a day I will always remember. The kids had been up late so they all slept in, giving me a rare morning all to myself!




This was a fun spread, although it's not too attractive. The picture is of me in my junior year of high school (approximately 34 years ago, yikes!). Movie stubs from Harry Potter's latest. it was great!


Here are some new pages. I'm finally getting this scanning bit down. I'm a slow learner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>